Preferred test for detecting Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, and Trichomonas vaginalis in variety of specimens.
- Patient Preparation
- Vaginal, endocervical or male urethral swab in APTIMA Unisex Swab Specimen Collection kit (ARUP supply #28907). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
OR First catch urine.
OR Cervical brush in ThinPrep Pap test collection kit. Refer to "Sample Collection for the Diagnosis of STD" under Specimen Handling at www.aruplab.com for specific specimen collection and transport instructions.
- Specimen Preparation
- Swab: place blue swab in Swab Specimen Transport Tube, break shaft off at scoreline then recap tube.
First Catch Urine: Transfer 2 mL urine to APTIMA Urine Specimen Transport Tube (ARUP supply #28908). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Liquid level must be between fill lines on tube.
ThinPrep: Vortex ThinPrep PreservCyt solution and transfer 1 mL to an APTIMA Specimen Transfer Tube (ARUP supply #42711). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Large white swab included in APTIMA Unisex Swab Specimen Collection kit is for preparatory cleaning of the endocervix and is unacceptable for testing. Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above. Specimen in swab transport media without a swab. Specimens from patients that are less than 14 years of age.
- Specimen source is required.
- Swab in APTIMA Swab Specimen Transport Tube: Ambient: 2 months; Refrigerated: 2 months; Frozen: 1 year
Urine in APTIMA Urine Specimen Transport Tube: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 1 year
APTIMA Specimen Transfer Tube: Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 1 year
ThinPrep Media: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Reference Interval:||Effective May 21, 2012|
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0060243||Chlamydia trachomatis by Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA)||Negative|
|0060244||Neisseria gonorrhoeae by Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA)||Negative|
|2005506||Trichomonas vaginalis by Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA)||Negative.|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0060243||C. trachomatis by TMA||43304-5|
|0060244||N. gonorrhoeae by TMA||43305-2|
|0060755||APTIMA Media Type||74384-9|
|2005508||T. vaginalis by TMA||46154-1|
- CT,GC, TV TMA pane
- STD panel
- STI panel