- Patient Preparation
- Endocervical or vaginal swab, or first catch female urine. Collect in APTIMA Combo 2 Assay transport media (ARUP supply: Swabs #28907, Urine #28908) OR cervical brush in ThinPrep transport Pap test media (ARUP supply #42711). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Refer to "Sample Collection for the Diagnosis of STD" under Specimen Handling at www.aruplab.com for specific specimen collection and transport instructions.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer swab or urine to APTIMA Combo 2 Assay transport media. (Min: 2 mL urine) OR Vortex Pap test media and transfer a 1 mL aliquot to APTIMA Combo 2 transport media. To reduce the potential for contamination, ThinPrep specimens should be poured off, using sterile technique, into the APTIMA Specimen Transfer Tube prior to cytology testing.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Large white swab is for preparatory cleaning of the endocervix and is unacceptable for testing. Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above. Specimen in swab transport media without a swab. Specimens from patients that are less than 14 years of age.
- The Trichomonas vaginalis assay is FDA approved for specimens from female patients only. Specimen source is required.
- ThinPrep Media: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: Unacceptable
Swab in APTIMA Transport Media: Ambient: 2 months; Refrigerated: 2 months; Frozen: 6 months
Urine in APTIMA Transport Media: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 6 months
ThinPrep in APTIMA Transport Media: Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 6 months
|Reference Interval:||Effective May 21, 2012|
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0060243||Chlamydia trachomatis by Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA)||Negative|
|0060244||Neisseria gonorrhoeae by Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA)||Negative|
|2005506||Trichomonas vaginalis by Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA)||Negative.|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060243||C. trachomatis by TMA|
|0060244||N. gonorrhoeae by TMA|
|0060755||APTIMA Media Type|
|2005508||T. vaginalis by TMA|
- CT,GC, TV TMA pane
- STD panel
- STI panel