- Patient Preparation
- Hydatidiform mole tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Paraffin embed tissue block with hydatidiform mole. If no normal tissue is included in the block, please supply a control tissue block to be processed in parallel.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- No tissue remaining on the block. Specimens fixed in Bouin's Solution (picric acid), fixatives containing mercuric chloride (e.g. B5, Zenker's solution) or ethanol-based fixatives containing ethylene glycol, acetic acid, or zinc chloride. Decalcified specimens.
- Include H&E stained slide and surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2006308||DNA Content, Hydatidiform Mole|
|2008898||DNA Index, Hydatidiform Mole|
- DNA Ploidy for Hydatidiform Moles (DNA Content/Cell Cycle Analysis, Hydatidiform Mole)
- Partial or Complete Hydatidiform Moles (DNA Content/Cell Cycle Analysis, Hydatidiform Mole)