Qualitative Immunofluorescence/Quantitative Western Blot
Specimens from New York clients will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory.
- Patient Preparation
- Overnight fasting preferred.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.8 mL CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 6 months
If specimen result is positive, then titer and Western blot confirmation will be added. Additional charges apply.
86255; if reflexed, add 86256; 84181
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2006168||Purkinje Cell (Yo) Antibody, CSF|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performed at Quest Diagnostics