Screening test for all ALK fusions. Use this test if the companion diagnostic test for crizotinib is required. Does not identify the translocation partner or variant.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tumor tissue. Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 4 unstained, consecutively cut, 4-micron thick sections, mounted on positively charged glass slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808 recommended but not required) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 4 slides)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report with reason for referral. The laboratory will not reject specimens that arrive without a pathology report but will hold the specimen until this information is received.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006127||ALK by FISH - Result|
- ALK (EML4) Rearrangement
- Lung Cancer, ALK (2p23) Rearrangement, FISH, Tissue
- Lung Carcinoma
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer