- Patient Preparation
- Tissue or cells.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10% neutral buffered formalin is preferred) and paraffin embed specimen (cells must be prepared into a cellblock). Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 2 unstained (3-5 micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 1 slide).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens submitted with non-representative tissue type. Depleted specimens.
- HISTOLOGY SPECIAL STAINS SUBMISSION DETAILS: Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Anatomic Pathology Form (#32960) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2005973||Muci Stain Reference Number|
- Mayer's Mucicarmine for Mucin Stain
- mucicarmine stain
- Mucin staining