- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Post-immunization specimen should be drawn 30 days after immunization and, if shipped separately, must be received within 60 days of pre-immunization specimen.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.25 mL) MARK SPECIMENS CLEARLY AS "PRE" OR "POST" SO SPECIMENS WILL BE SAVED AND TESTED SIMULTANEOUSLY.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. "Pre" and "post" pneumococcal vaccine specimens can be submitted separately or together for testing.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or other body fluids. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles).
Indication of immune system competence is demonstrated by an adequate immune response to at least 50 percent of the serotypes included in the vaccine challenge.
This test is designed to use both pre- and post-immunization specimens to assess immune responsiveness to pneumococcal vaccine. This test is not designed to determine protection to Streptococcus pneumoniae based on a single specimen.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050717||Pneumo serotype 9N IgG (PNX)||27392-0|
|0050721||Pneumo serotype 8 IgG (PNX)||27113-0|
|0050723||Pneumo serotype 12F IgG (PNX)||27374-8|
|2005780||Pneumo serotype 2 IgG (PNX)||40964-9|
|2005781||Pneumo serotype 10A IgG (PNX)||40967-2|
|2005782||Pneumo serotype 11A IgG (PNX)||40968-0|
|2005783||Pneumo serotype 15B IgG (PNX)||40973-0|
|2005784||Pneumo serotype 17F IgG (PNX)||40963-1|
|2005786||Pneumo serotype 20 IgG (PNX)||40965-6|
|2005787||Pneumo serotype 22F IgG (PNX)||40966-4|
|2005788||Pneumo serotype 33F IgG (PNX)||40969-8|
|2005789||Pneumo Serotype Interpretation||42771-6|
- Strep antibody vaccine response
- Streptococcus pneumoniae vaccine