- Patient Preparation
- Specimens must be collected and shipped Monday-Wednesday only and not the day before a holiday. For Thursday and Friday shipping options please contact ARUP Referral Testing at (800)242-2787, extension 5145.
- Green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 10 mL whole blood. (Min: 5 mL) Specimens must be received within 48 hours to ensure adequate culture of living cells.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
This test must be ordered using a Cytogenetic Test Request Form (#43097) or through your ARUP interface. A processing fee will be charged if the client cancels this procedure after the test has been set up or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth. The fee will vary based on specimen type.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2005750||Chromosome Analysis, Breakage, AT, WB|