- Patient Preparation
- Plain red top or Serum Separator Tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 1.5 mL serum. (Min. 0.7 mL) Separate serum from cells ASAP or within one hour of collection. Transfer to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Frozen is also acceptable.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Hemolyzed, lipemic, moderately icteric serum or contaminated specimens.
- Repeated freeze-thaw cycles should be avoided.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0080009||Acetylcholine Receptor Binding Antibody||Negative: 0.0-0.4 nmol/L|
Positive: 0.5 nmol/L or greater
|0099580||Acetylcholine Receptor Blocking Antibody||Effective November 18, 2013
|0099521||Acetylcholine Receptor Modulating Antibody||Negative: 0-45% modulating|
Positive: 46% or greater modulating
Effective August 20, 2012
|2005636||Titin Antibody||Effective January 17, 2012
|0050746||Striated Muscle Antibodies, IgG with Reflex to Titer||Screen: < 1:40 No antibodies detected.|
Titer: < 1:40 No antibodies detected.
Striated Muscle Antibodies, IgG: In the presence of acetylcholine receptor (AChR) antibody, striated muscle antibodies, which bind in a cross-striational pattern to skeletal and heart muscle tissue sections, are associated with late-onset myasthenia gravis (MG). Striated muscle antibodies recognize epitopes on three major muscle proteins, including: titin, ryanodine receptor (RyR) and Kv1.4 (an alpha subunit of voltage-gated potassium channel [VGKC]). Isolated cases of striated muscle antibodies may be seen in patients with certain autoimmune diseases, rheumatic fever, myocardial infarction, and after some cardiotomy procedures.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050747||Striated Muscle Antibodies, IgG Screen||49692-7|
|0050748||Striated Muscle Antibodies, IgG Titer||29998-2|
|0080009||Acetylcholine Binding Antibody||11034-6|
|0099580||Acetylcholine Blocking Antibody||42937-3|
- AChR Binding Antibody
- AChR Antibody
- Anti-Skeletal Muscle IgG Antibodies
- Anti-Striated Antibody
- anti-tintin Ab
- Muscle (Skeletal) Antibodies
- Muscle nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor
- Myasthenia Gravis Antibodies
- Myoid Antibody
- Skeletal Muscle Antibodies
- Striational Antibodies