Secondary diagnostic testing for myasthenia gravis when first-line diagnostic tests are negative. Screen for presence of thymoma in patients with myasthenia gravis.
Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min. 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Frozen
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Moderately icteric serum
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 month (avoid multiple freeze/thaw cycles)
Effective January 17, 2012
||0.72 IV or greater
In patients with early-onset myasthenia gravis with anti-acetylcholine receptor antibodies, the presence of titin antibody indicates a 95-100 percent likelihood of an underlying thymoma
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.