May be useful when suspicion for myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN) is high in JAK2 V617F-negative individuals.
Polymerase Chain Reaction/Quantitative Pyrosequencing
DNA isolation: Sun-Sat
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 5 mL whole blood or bone marrow. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or serum. Specimens collected in anticoagulants other than EDTA. Clotted or grossly hemolyzed specimens.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
The test will detect and quantify MPL codon 515 mutation, including W515K and W515L.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2005546||MPL codon 515 results|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.