- Patient Preparation
- Vaginal, endocervical or male urethral swab in APTIMA Unisex Swab Specimen Collection kit (ARUP supply #28907). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect ™ or contact Client Services at (800) 522-2787. OR First catch urine. OR Cervical brush in ThinPrep Pap test collection kit. Refer to "Sample Collection for the Diagnosis of STD" under Specimen Handling at www.aruplab.com for specific specimen collection and transport instructions.
- Specimen Preparation
- Swab: place blue swab in Swab Specimen Transport Tube, break shaft off at scoreline then recap tube.
First Catch Urine: Transfer 2 mL urine to APTIMA Urine Specimen Transport Tube (ARUP supply #28908). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect ™ or contact Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Liquid level must be between fill lines on tube.
ThinPrep: Vortex ThinPrep PreservCyt solution and transfer 1 mL to an APTIMA Specimen Transfer Tube (ARUP supply #42711). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connector contact Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Large white swab included in APTIMA Unisex Swab Specimen Collection kit is for preparatory cleaning of the endocervix and is unacceptable for testing. Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above. Specimen in swab transport media without a swab. Specimens from patients that are less than 14 years of age.
- Specimen source required.
- Swab in APTIMA Swab Specimen Transport Tube: Ambient: 2 months; Refrigerated: 2 months; Frozen: 1 year
Urine in APTIMA Urine Specimen Transport Tube: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 1 year
APTIMA Specimen Transfer Tube: Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 1 year
ThinPrep Media: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: Unacceptable
Results should be interpreted in conjunction with other clinical data. This test has not been validated for use with self-collected vaginal swab specimens from patients. Performance of this test on vaginal swab specimens from pregnant women has not been evaluated.
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0060755||APTIMA Media Type||74384-9|
|2005508||T. vaginalis by TMA||46154-1|
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
- T vaginalis TMA
- Trichomonas vaginalis RNA, Qualitative TMA, Pap Vial (Trichomonas vaginalis by Amplified Detection)
- TV TMA