- Patient Preparation
- Endocervical or vaginal swab, or first catch female urine. Collect in APTIMA Combo 2 Assay transport media (ARUP supply: Swabs #28907, Urine #28908) OR cervical brush in ThinPrep transport Pap test media (ARUP supply #42711). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Refer to Sample Collection for the Diagnosis of STD under Specimen Handling at www.aruplab.com for specific specimen collection and transport instructions.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer swab or urine to APTIMA Combo 2 Assay transport media. (Min: 2 mL urine) OR Vortex Pap test media and transfer a 1 mL aliquot to APTIMA Combo 2 transport media. To reduce the potential for contamination ThinPrep specimens should be poured off, using sterile technique, into the APTIMA Specimen Transfer Tube prior to cytology testing.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Large white swab is for preparatory cleaning of the endocervix and is unacceptable for testing. Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above. Specimen in swab transport media without a swab. Specimens from patients that are less than 14 years of age.
- This test is FDA approved for specimens from female patients only. Specimen source required.
- ThinPrep Media: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: Unacceptable
Swab in APTIMA Transport Media: Ambient: 2 months; Refrigerated: 2 months; Frozen: 6 months
Urine in APTIMA Transport Media: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 6 months
ThinPrep in APTIMA Transport Media: Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 6 months
Results should be interpreted in conjunction with other clinical data. This test has not been validated for use with self-collected vaginal swab specimens from patients. Performance of this test on vaginal swab specimens from pregnant women has not been evaluated.
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060755||APTIMA Media Type|
|2005508||T. vaginalis by TMA|
- Trichomonas vaginalis RNA, Qualitative TMA, Pap Vial (Trichomonas vaginalis by Amplified Detection)