Acceptable single screening test for celiac disease. IgA testing recommended to identify IgA deficiency. Use IgG test in individuals who are IgA deficient. May aid in monitoring adherence to gluten-free diet. Celiac Disease Reflexive Cascade (2008114) or Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) Antibody, IgG (0056009) is the preferred test for screening IgA deficient patients with suspected celiac disease.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Less than 1:10
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2005502||Endomysial Antibody, IgG||51699-7|
- Anti-Endomysial Antibodies
- EMA IgG
- Gluten-Sensitive Enteropathy Tests
- IgA Deficient Celiac Disease