- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heat-inactivated, severely hemolyzed, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
| ||Human Immunodeficiency Virus Types 1 and 2 (HIV-1, HIV-2) Antibodies||Negative|
|0020284||Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Antibody Confirmation by Western Blot||Negative|
Performed and Reported times indicated are for the screening portion of this reflex test. Refer to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Antibody Confirmation by Western Blot (0020284) for additional information regarding Performed or Reported times for the reflex portion of this test.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2005378||HIV-1,2 Antibodies by CIA||42768-2|
- 3rd generation HIV qualitative screening test
- HIV 1, 2 Combo Antibodies
- HIV total abs screening
- HIV1,2 reflex to western blot confirmation