Qualitative Chemiluminescent Immunoassay/Qualitative Western Blot
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heat-inactivated, severely hemolyzed, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles).
Effective November 18, 2013
| ||Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Antibody
|0020284||Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Antibody Confirmation by Western Blot
This assay should not be used for blood donor screening, associated re-entry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P).
If Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Antibody by CIA screen is repeatedly reactive, then Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Antibody Confirmation by Western Blot will be added. Additional charges apply.
Performed and Reported times indicated are for the screening portion of this reflex test. Refer to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Antibody Confirmation by Western Blot (0020284) for additional information regarding Performed or Reported times for the reflex portion of this test.
86701; if reflexed, add 86689
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2005376||HIV-1 Antibody by CIA|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- HIV 1 Antibody
- HIV 1 CIA
- HIV-1 Ab screen and confirmation