- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot for one hour at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen types other than serum. Refrigerated or room temperature specimens. Specimens left to clot at refrigerated temperature. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 weeks
59 percent normal or greater
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2005374||Complement Activity, Alternative Pathway|
- Alternative Complement Pathway (Complement Activity, Alternative Pathway (AH50))
- Alternative Complement Pathway Function (Complement Activity, Alternative Pathway (AH50))
- Alternative Pathway - Complement (Complement Activity, Alternative Pathway (AH50))