Francisella tularensis Antibody, IgG
Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
Mon, Wed, Fri
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube (SST), lavender (EDTA), Lt. blue (sodium citrate) or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, or turbid specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
Effective May 9, 2011
|9 U/mL or less||Negative-No significant level of IgG antibody to Francisellatularensis detected.|
|10-15 U/mL||Equivocal-Questionable presence of IgG antibody to Francisellatularensis. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.|
|16 U/mL or greater||Positive-Presence of IgG antibody to Francisellatularensis detected, suggestive of current or past exposure/immunization.|
Cross reactivity with Brucella and Yersinia antibodies may occur. Therefore, results should be interpreted with caution and correlated with clinical information. The best evidence for current infection is a significant change on two appropriately timed specimens, where both tests are performed in the same laboratory at the same time.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2005351||Francisella tularensis Antibody, IgG|