Confirm diagnosis of anti-NMDAR encephalitis.
Semi-Quantitative Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Effective May 21, 2012
Anti-NMDA receptor IgG antibody is found in a subset of patients with autoimmune limbic encephalitis and may occur with or without associated tumor. Decreasing antibody levels may be associated with therapeutic response; therefore, clinical correlation must be strongly considered. A negative test result does not rule out a diagnosis of autoimmune limbic encephalitis.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
If NMDA CSF antibody IgG is positive, then an NMDA CSF antibody IgG titer is reported. Additional charges apply.
86255; if reflexed, add 86256
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2005165||N-methyl-D-Aspartate Receptor Ab, CSF|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- Anti-NMDA CSF
- Glutamate Receptor Antibodies
- N-Methyl D-Aspartate Ab CSF
- NMDA R
- NMDA Receptor Ab CSF