This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Patients receiving pancreatic enzymes should discontinue taking the enzymes at least 5 days prior to stool collection.
- Random stool.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 g stool to a clean, unpreserved stool transport vial (ARUP Supply #40910). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 0.5 g)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
Performed at Quest Diagnostics