- Patient Preparation
- New York State Clients: Only whole blood testing is acceptable. Specimen must be analyzed within 24 hours of collection if ambient or within 48 hours of collection if refrigerated.
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 4 mL whole blood. (Min: 3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens older than 72 hours. Clotted, Hemolyzed or frozen specimens. Bone marrow specimens.
New York State Clients: Specimens for the PNH PAN older than 24 hours ambient or older than 48 hours refrigerated. Clotted, hemolyzed or frozen specimens. Bone marrow specimens.
- Specimens must be analyzed within 72 hours of collection.
New York State Clients: Only the whole blood PNH PAN is acceptable and must be analyzed within 24 hours of collection if ambient or 48 hours of collection if refrigerated.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable. New York State Clients: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours. Frozen: Unacceptable
This test also detects minor (0.005-0.999 percent) PNH clone populations found in bone marrow failure disorders.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2004367||% PNH RBC||33662-8|
|2005004||% PNH Monocytes||60554-3|
|2005005||% PNH PMN||53831-4|
- CD15, CD33, CD14, CD24, FLAER, CD59, Glycophorin A
- PI-Linked Antigens, RBCs, Monocytes and Granulocytes