- Patient Preparation
- New York State Clients: Testing is only approved for the Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria Panel (ARUP test code 2005006) on whole blood specimens.
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 4 mL whole blood. (Min: 4 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Bone marrow. Clotted or hemolyzed specimens.
- Specimens must be analyzed within stability times provided.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
For initial diagnosis of PNH, order High Sensitivity RBC and WBC Panel (ARUP test code 2005006). The presence of a subclinical PNH population in myelodysplastic bone marrow disorders, such as aplastic anemia or refractory anemia, may correlate with a positive immunotherapeutic response (Blood 2006; 107, 1308-1314).
For delineation of RBC Types II and III populations when the RBC clone size is greater than 1.000 percent, order PNH, High Sensitivity, RBC (ARUP test code 2004366).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2005004||% PNH Monocytes||60554-3|
|2005005||% PNH PMN||53831-4|
- (CD15, CD64, CD157, FLAER)
- Eculizumab treatment monitoring assay