- Patient Preparation
- Client laboratory identified positive blood culture bottle with yeast from an automated or manual system.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 5 mL aliquot of blood from yeast-positive blood culture bottle to a sterile transport tube. Also acceptable: A yeast-positive blood culture bottle. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Negative blood culture. Whole blood, body fluid, or slides.
- Provide any stain results performed at client laboratory.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
For fungal identification, refer to Fungal (Mold/Yeast) Identification (ARUP test code 0060163). For fungal susceptibility, refer to Antimicrobial Susceptibility - Fungal (Yeasts and Molds) (ARUP test code 2009257).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2004770||Yeast PNA FISH Result|
- Candida albicans
- Candida glabrata
- Candida krusei
- Candida parapsilosis
- Candida tropicalis