- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 7 mL whole blood to ARUP Standard Transport Tubes. (Min: 2 mL) Specimen must be labeled with patient's name, date of birth, and the date and time of draw.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens.
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
This testing is recommended for the following situations:
1. Recently transfused individuals who have circulating RBCs of donor origin that interfere with the typing of self RBCs.
2. Individuals with conditions requiring frequent transfusions (eg, sickle cell disease, beta thalassemia) who develop antibodies to low-immunogenicity antigens that are present on donor RBCs. Although these antigens are usually not typed by standard serology because of their low immunogenicity, they can lead to hemolytic reactions after multiple transfusions.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2004742||Blood Group, 5 Minor Ag, Genotype|
- IDCore (Blood Group (5 Minor Antigens) Genotyping by Bead Array)
Performed at Novartis