- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 7 mL whole blood to ARUP Standard Transport Tubes. (Min: 2 mL) Specimen must be labeled with patient's name, date of birth, and date and time of draw.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens.
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
This testing is recommended for the following situations:
1. Recently transfused individuals who have circulating RBCs of donor origin that interfere with the typing of self RBCs.
2. Individuals with conditions requiring frequent transfusions (eg, sickle cell disease, beta thalassemia) who develop antibodies to low-immunogenicity antigens that are present on donor RBCs. Although these antigens are usually not typed by standard serology because of their low immunogenicity, they can lead to hemolytic reactions after multiple transfusions.
3. Individuals with RhD variants with low antigen expression or with reduced numbers of antigenic epitopes (eg, weak D, D elute, partial D) where serotyping may yield inconclusive calls.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2004740||Blood Group, ABO/8 Minor Ag, Microarray|
- Bloodchip Reference