- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA) or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells within 24 hours. Transfer 3 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 6 weeks
If Hepatitis B Virus by Quantitative PCR result is greater than or equal to 3.0 log IU/mL (1000 IU/mL), then Hepatitis B Virus Genotype by Sequencing will be added. Additional charges apply.
This test is intended for use in conjunction with clinical presentation and other laboratory markers as an indicator of disease prognosis. This test is also used as an aid in accessing viral response to treatment as measured by changes in HBV DNA levels.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051820||HBV Qnt by PCR Interpretation|
|0056026||HBV Qnt by PCR (log IU/mL)|
|2002322||HBV Qnt by PCR (IU/mL)|
- HBV drug resistance
- HBV genotyping
- HBV Quant PCR
- HBV quantitative
- HBV reflex
- HBV viral load
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
- Viral load monitoring