- Patient Preparation
- Patient must be 18 years of age or older. Patient should fast for at least 10 hours prior to collection.
- Serum separator tube AND lavender (EDTA). Serum separator tube should be collected before EDTA tube. ARUP Standard Transport Tube should be frozen prior to collection.
- Specimen Preparation
- Serum: Gently invert 5 times following collection; allow specimen to clot at least 30-40 minutes (not more than 60) in a vertical position at room temperature. Centrifuge for 15-20 minutes between 1100 g and 1300 g. Transfer 3 mL serum to a FROZEN ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 1 mL)
EDTA Whole Blood: Gently invert 8-10 times following collection. Transfer 3 mL whole blood to a FROZEN ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed specimens. Specimens from patients less than 18 years of age.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 1 week
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2004264||PreDx Diabetes Risk Profile|
- Adiponectin (PreDx Diabetes Risk Profile)
- Diabetes Mellitus (PreDx Diabetes Risk Profile)
- DM (PreDx Diabetes Risk Profile)
- DRS (PreDx Diabetes Risk Profile)
- HbA1c (PreDx(TM) Diabetes Risk Profile)
- IL2R (PreDx(TM) Diabetes Risk Profile)
- IL2Ra (PreDx(TM) Diabetes Risk Profile)
Performed at Tethys Bioscience Laboratory