Aids in management of individuals treated with interferon beta.
- Patient Preparation
- Collect specimens before Interferon beta treatment, or more than 48 hours following the most recent dose. Patient should not be on steroid therapy in excess of 10 mg prednisolone (or equivalent) daily. High endogenous levels of Interferon beta, alpha, or gamma may interfere with this assay.
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, icteric, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Available Separately ||Components||Reference Interval|
|Interferon Beta Screen||Negative|
|Interferon Beta Titer||Less than 20: Negative|
20 to 99: Moderate levels of neutralizing antibodies present
100 or greater: High levels of neutralizing antibodies present
This test is performed pursuant to an agreement with Biomonitor.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2003391||Interferon Beta Neutralizing Ab Screen||29647-5|
|2003392||Interferon Beta Neutralizing Ab Titer||35139-5|