UUHSC Testing Only
Not an initial test in the diagnosis of von Willebrand disease (vWD). Order in consultation with a coagulation specialist to distinguish between type 2 subtypes in patients diagnosed with vWD.
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Specimen must be collected at ARUP (500 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT). Call the Hemostasis/Thrombosis laboratory at (801) 583-2787 ext. 2151 to schedule specimen collection. Special arrangements for UUHSC In-Patients can be made by contacting the number above. Patient must fast from midnight until specimen is collected.
- Lt. blue (sodium citrate) AND lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 14 mL whole blood (lt. blue) AND 4 mL whole blood (EDTA) ((Min: 14 mL whole blood (lt. blue) AND 4 mL whole blood (EDTA)). Specimen must be received within one hour of draw.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not collected at ARUP. Specimens that have been centrifuged or refrigerated.
- Ambient: 1 hour; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
Effective April 18, 2011
|Ristocetin-Induced Platelet Aggregation High Dose
|Ristocetin-Induced Platelet Aggregation Low Dose
A completed Patient History Form must be submitted and approved prior to specimen collection. The Patient History Form is available on the ARUP Web site or by contacting ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2003383||Ristocetin-Induced PlateletAgg High Dose|
|2003384||Ristocetin-Induced Platelet Agg Low Dose|
|2003385||Ristocetin-Induced Platelet Agg Interp|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.