Patient History for Platelet Aggregation Studies
- Patient Preparation
- Patient must fast from midnight until specimen is drawn in a.m. Patient may drink water.
- Hemostasis/Thrombosis laboratory must be called at (801) 583-2787 extension 2151 to schedule testing before specimen is drawn. Lt. blue (sodium citrate). AND lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Specimen must be received within one hour of draw. Transport 15 mL whole blood (lt. blue) AND 5 mL whole blood (EDTA). ((Min: 15 mL whole blood (lt. blue) AND 5 mL whole blood (EDTA)).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not collected at ARUP's Red Butte Clinic. Specimens that have been centrifuged or refrigerated.
- Include list of current medications and most recent platelet count.
- Ambient: 1 hour; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Ristocetin-Induced Platelet Aggregation High Dose||Normal|
|Ristocetin-Induced Platelet Aggregation Low Dose||Normal|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2003383||Ristocetin-Induced PlateletAgg High Dose|
|2003384||Ristocetin-Induced Platelet Agg Low Dose|
|2003385||Ristocetin-Induced Platelet Agg Interp|