Not an initial test in the diagnosis of von Willebrand disease (vWD). Order in consultation with a coagulation specialist to distinguish between type 2 subtypes in patients diagnosed with vWD.
- Patient Preparation
- Specimen must be collected at ARUP (500 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT). Call the Hemostasis/Thrombosis laboratory at (801) 583-2787 ext. 2151 to schedule specimen collection. Special arrangements for UUHSC In-Patients can be made by contacting the number above. Patient must fast from midnight until specimen is collected.
- Lt. blue (sodium citrate) AND lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 14 mL whole blood (lt. blue) AND 4 mL whole blood (EDTA) ((Min: 14 mL whole blood (lt. blue) AND 4 mL whole blood (EDTA)). Specimen must be received within one hour of draw.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not collected at ARUP. Specimens that have been centrifuged or refrigerated.
- Ambient: 1 hour; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Ristocetin-Induced Platelet Aggregation High Dose||Normal|
|Ristocetin-Induced Platelet Aggregation Low Dose||Normal|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2003383||Ristocetin-Induced PlateletAgg High Dose||55799-1|
|2003384||Ristocetin-Induced Platelet Agg Low Dose||55801-5|
|2003385||Ristocetin-Induced Platelet Agg Interp|