Follow-up test for complement activity screening when CH50 and AH50 are low or absent and high suspicion remains for complement deficiency.
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells within 1 hour of draw. Transfer 1 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. Freeze at -70or on dry ice immediately. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Refrigerated or room temperature specimens.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable: Frozen at -70°C: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2003305||Complement Component 3A|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- C3A (Complement Component 3A)
Performed at National Jewish