Rheumatoid Arthritis Panel with Reflex to Rheumatoid Factors, IgA, IgG, and IgM by ELISA
If Rheumatoid Arthritis Panel (2003277) is positive, test reflexes to Rheumatoid Factors, IgA, IgG, and IgM, which may aid in prognostication. Rheumatoid Arthritis Panel is preferred for initial workup of suspected rheumatoid arthritis or undifferentiated inflammatory arthritides.
RA PAN R
Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay/Quantitative Immunoturbidimetry/Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Fasting specimen preferred.
- Serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow serum to clot completely at room temperature before centrifuging. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.8 mL) Serum is the only acceptable specimen type for this test without a disclaimer.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma, miscellaneous body fluid, or urine. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 2 weeks (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0055256||Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide (CCP) Antibody, IgG||19 Units or less: Negative|
20-39 Units: Weak positive
40-59 Units: Moderate positive
60 Units or Greater: Strong positive
|0050465||Rheumatoid Factor||0-14 IU/mL|
|0051298||Rheumatoid Factors, IgA, IgG, and IgM by ELISA|
Anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP), IgG antibodies are present in about 69-83 percent of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and have specificities of 93-95 percent. These autoantibodies may be present in the preclinical phase of disease, are associated with future RA development, and may predict radiographic joint destruction. Patients with weak positive results should be monitored and testing repeated.
If CCP IgG is 20 Units or greater and/or Rheumatoid Factor is 15 IU/mL or greater, then Rheumatoid Factor, IgG/IgM/IgA by EIA will be performed. Additional charges apply.
86200; 86431; if reflexed, add 83516 x2 and 86431
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0055256||Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide Ab, IgG|
- RF (Rheumatoid Arthritis Panel with Reflex to Rheumatoid Factors, IgA, IgG, and IgM by ELISA)