Preferred panel for the workup of suspected rheumatoid arthritis or undifferentiated inflammatory arthritides.
Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay/Immunoturbidimetry
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Fasting specimen preferred.
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow serum to clot completely at room temperature before centrifuging. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL) Serum is the only acceptable specimen type for this assay without a disclaimer.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Urine or plasma. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 2 weeks (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|0055256||Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide (CCP) Antibody, IgG
||19 Units or less: Negative|
20-39 Units: Weak positive
40-59 Units: Moderate positive
60 Units or Greater: Strong positive
Anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) IgG antibodies are present in about 69-83 percent of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and have specificities of 93-95 percent. These autoantibodies may be present in the preclinical phase of disease, are associated with future RA development, and may predict radiographic joint destruction. Patients with weak positive results should be monitored and testing repeated.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0055256||Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide Ab, IgG|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- CCP and RF
- RA Panel
- RF and CCP IgG
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Profile