Compliance assessment of dexamethasone suppression testing.
- Patient Preparation
- Specimen should be collected between 8-10 a.m.
- Serum separator tube, lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 6 months
8:00 AM draw following 1 mg dexamethasone between 11:00 pm and 12:00 am the previous evening: 140 - 295 ng/dL
8:00 AM draw following 8 mg dexamethasone (4 x 2 mg doses) between 11:00 pm and 12:00 am the previous evening: 1600 - 2850 ng/dL
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2003249||Dexamethasone, Serum or Plasma, LC-MS/MS||14062-4|