- Patient Preparation
- It is recommended that the specimen be collected between 6-11 a.m.
- Serum separator tube, lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transport 1 mL serum or plasma. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Room temperature specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 6 months
8:00 AM draw following 1 mg dexamethasone between 11:00 pm and 12:00 am the previous evening: 140 - 295 ng/dL
8:00 AM draw following 8 mg dexamethasone (4 x 2 mg doses) between 11:00 pm and 12:00 am the previous evening: 1600 - 2850 ng/dL
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2003249||Dexamethasone, Serum or Plasma, LC-MS/MS||14062-4|