Laboratory reference method for determining free testosterone in men. Free testosterone is generally adequate for most evaluations of suspected hypogonadism.
Quantitative Equilibrium Dialysis/High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Collect between 6-10 a.m.
- Serum separator tube or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transport 1 mL serum or plasma. (Min: 0.4 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- EDTA plasma.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 2 months
|Male Free Testosterone, pg/mL
|18 years and older: 47-244 pg/mL
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2003247||Testos Free Adult Male ED/LC-MS/MS|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Direct Dialysis (Testosterone, Free, Adult Males by ED/LC-MS/MS)