Screen for colorectal cancer. This test is NOT recommended for pregnant women as it has been associated with false positives in these individuals.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Collect a minimum of 10 mL whole blood. Allow whole blood to sit for 30 minutes post draw. Within 4 hours of collection, spin (1350 g) for 12 minutes. Transfer 4 mL of plasma to a cryovial tube or any freezable specimen transport tube. (Min: 4 mL) Minimum volume of 4 mL is required for testing without repeats. If a repeat is necessary, an additional specimen will be requested.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Critical Frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum, stool, or whole blood.
- Accurate test performance requires following specimen preparation instructions.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Indefinitely
This test is performed pursuant to agreements with Epigenomics and Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2003245||SEPT9 Methylated DNA Detection||65810-4|
- mSeptin 9