Use to identify recent (1 day to 1 week) use of ethanol. However, a positive result is relatively non-specific for detecting intentional ethanol ingestion and may, instead, reflect use of ethanol-containing personal care products such as hand sanitizers and mouthwashes.
Qualitative Enzyme Immunoassay/Quantitative High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Random urine
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL urine to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1.45 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 20 days; Refrigerated: 20 days; Frozen: 20 days
If screen is positive, then confirmation will be added at no additional charge.
80101; if positive add 82055
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2003192||Ethyl Glucuronide Screen, Urine|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EtG (Ethyl Glucuronide, Urine - Screen with Reflex to Confirmation/Quantitation)
- Ethanol Metabolite (Ethyl Glucuronide, Urine - Screen with Reflex to Confirmation/Quantitation)
Performed at National Medical Services (NMS)