This test is NOT indicated for diagnosing patients with biotinidase deficiency or as a follow up of an abnormal newborn screen for biotinidase deficiency. Use in combination with other tests to confirm or monitor patients with biotinidase deficiency.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot for 30 minutes and separate from cells. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube and freeze immediately. Protect from light. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic specimens. Thawed specimens or specimens not protected from light.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 weeks
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2003185||Vitamin B7 (Biotin)||1980-2|
- Vitamin H (Vitamin B7 (Biotin))
Performed at Cambridge Biomedical Research Group