Vitamin B7 (Biotin)
This test is NOT indicated for diagnosing patients with biotinidase deficiency or as a follow up of an abnormal newborn screen for biotinidase deficiency. Use in combination with other tests to confirm or monitor patients with biotinidase deficiency.
New York DOH Approval Status
This test will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot for 30 minutes and separate from cells. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube and freeze immediately. Protect from light. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic specimens. Thawed specimens or specimens not protected from light.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 weeks
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2003185||Vitamin B7 (Biotin)|
- Vitamin H (Vitamin B7 (Biotin))
Performed at Cambridge Biomedical Research Group