Follow-up test for complement activity screening when CH50 is low or absent and AH50 is normal and high suspicion remains for complement deficiency.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells within 1 hour of draw. Transfer 1 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. Freeze at -70°C or on dry ice immediately. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Frozen at -70°C: 1 year
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2003181||C4a Complement Component Level||4501-3|
- C4A (Complement Component 4A)
Performed at National Jewish