Use prior to transfusion or in possible transfusion reactions to determine the presence of anti-IgA antibodies in patients with selective IgA deficiency.
Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 3 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performed at Viracor-IBT Laboratories