- Patient Preparation
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL urine with no additives or preservatives to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Room temperature specimens.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 3 weeks; Frozen: 3 months
|Ritalinic acid||100 ng/mL|
Positive Cutoff: Methylphenidate: 10 ng/mL
Ritalinic acid: 100 ng/mL
The absence of expected drug(s) and/or drug metabolite(s) may indicate non-compliance, inappropriate timing of specimen collection relative to drug administration, poor drug absorption, diluted/adulterated urine, or limitations of testing. The concentration value must be greater than or equal to the cutoff to be reported as positive. Interpretive questions should be directed to the laboratory.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2003116||Methylphenidate, Urn, Quant||3809-1|
|2003117||Ritalinic acid, Urn, Quant||33507-5|
- Focalin (Methylphenidate and Metabolite-Confirmation/Quantitation-Urine)
- Ritalinic Acid
- Urine ritalin concentration