- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Other body fluids.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Equivocal - Questionable presence of T. pallidum IgG antibodies detected. Repeat testing in 2-4 weeks is recommended.
Positive - IgG antibodies against T. pallidum are detected.
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2003096||T. pallidum Ab, IgG by Immunoblot|
- Syphilis Immunoblot (Treponema pallidum Antibody, IgG by Immunoblot)
- Syphilis Western Blot (Treponema pallidum Antibody, IgG by Immunoblot)