Not a stand-alone tumor marker for ovarian cancer screening or diagnosis. May be used with CA-125 to monitor epithelial ovarian cancer post therapy if pretreatment levels were elevated. Do not use in mucinous or germ-cell ovarian cancer.
Quantitative Enzyme Immunoassay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 4 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 60 days
HE4 is to be used as an aid in monitoring recurrence of progressive disease in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer. Serial testing for patient HE4 results should be used in conjunction with other clinical methods for monitoring ovarian cancer. Values obtained with different assay methods should not be used interchangeably. ARUP uses the Fujirebio Diagnostics, Inc. HE4 enzyme immunometric assay.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2003021||Human Epididymis Prot 4|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.