Aid in the differential diagnosis between well-differentiated liposarcoma and benign lipoma in individuals diagnosed with or suspected of having well-differentiated liposarcoma based on tissue morphology.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin-embed tissue. Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Transport block or 5 unstained (4-micron thick sections) positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787 (kit recommended but not necessary). (Min 2 slides)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2003017||MDM2 by FISH|
- MDM2 FISH
- MDM2 Gene amplification