- Patient Preparation
- A control specimen needs to be sent with the patient specimen. The control specimen needs to be drawn from a healthy, non-smoking, individual who is not biologically related to the patient.
- Lavender (EDTA) (patient) AND lavender (EDTA) (control). Collect control specimen within 30 minutes of patient specimen and keep specimens together at all times.
- Specimen Preparation
- Refrigerate immediately after collection. Transport 5 mL whole blood (patient) AND 5 mL whole blood (control). (Min: 1 mL (patient) AND 1 mL (control)) Label the control tube as "Control for [patient name]".
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Send Sunday-Thursday only. Specimens should be received within 24 hours of collection. Ship patient and control specimens together.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen or room temperature specimens. Specimens submitted without a control.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerate: 72 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Effective August 15, 2011
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2002986||Oxygen dissociation (P50)|
- Hemoglobin Oxygen Affinity
- HEMOGLOBIN,OXYGEN DISSOCIATION CURVE
- O2 Affinity
- Oxygen Affinity
- Oxygen Dissociation P50, Erythrocytes
- Oxyhemoglobin Dissociation