- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained positively charged, 5-micron slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 3 slides) Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Frozen specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
A negative result does not rule out the presence of an HPV genotype absent from the test panel, a low level infection, or specimen sampling error.
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2002895||HPV Low Risk ISH Comment|
|2002999||ISH Tissue Source|
|2003000||ISH Reference Number|
|2003001||H and E Slide Description|
|2003008||HPV ISH Low Risk|
- HPV Low Risk ISH
- HPV LR ISH
- HPVLOW ISH
- Human Papillomavirus
- low-risk HPV ISH
- LR-HPV ISH