- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10% neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin-embed tissue. Transport tissue block or 10 unstained 5 micron slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808). Available online through eSupply using ARUP ConnectTM or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 5 slides) Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer®) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Frozen specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Available Separately||Test Name||Reference Interval|
|No||Kappa by in situ Hybridization, Paraffin||By report|
|No||Lambda by in situ Hybridization, Paraffin||By report|
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2002887||Kappa/Lambda ISH Comment|
|2002999||ISH Tissue Source|
|2003000||ISH Reference Number|
|2003001||H and E Slide Description|
|2003218||Kappa/Lambda ISH Clonality|
|2003219||Kappa/Lambda ISH Ratio|
- K/L ISH (Kappa/Lambda Light Chain Panel by in situ Hybridization, Paraffin)
- Kappa and Lambda ISH (Kappa/Lambda Light Chain Panel by in situ Hybridization, Paraffin)
- Kappa and Lambda mRNA Probes (Kappa/Lambda Light Chain Panel by in situ Hybridization, Paraffin)