Preferred test to follow-up presumptive results. For general screening, Meperidine Urine Screen with Reflex to Quantitation (2012288) is preferred.
- Patient Preparation
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL urine with no additives or preservatives to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 3 years
|Drugs Covered||Cutoff Concentrations|
|Normeperidine (meperidine metabolite)||5 ng/mL|
Meperidine: 2 ng/mL
Normeperidine: 5 ng/mL
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
The presence of metabolite(s) without parent drug is common and may indicate use of parent drug during the prior week.
The absence of expected drug(s) and/or drug metabolite(s) may indicate non-compliance, inappropriate timing of specimen collection relative to drug administration, poor drug absorption, diluted/adulterated urine, or limitations of testing. The concentration value must be greater than or equal to the cutoff to be reported as positive. Interpretive questions should be directed to the laboratory.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002761||Normeperidine, Urn, Quant||58389-8|
|2002762||Meperidine, Urn, Quant||16253-7|
- demoerol urine concentration
- Meperidine, Quantitative, Urine
- urine meperidine concentration