- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or plasma preparation tube. Multiple tubes may be required.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells within 24 hours. Transfer two 3 mL aliquots of plasma to individual ARUP Standard Transport Tubes. (Min: 3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Heparinized specimens. Specimens submitted in a plasma preparation tube.
- Ambient: On cells: 24 hours. After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 6 days; Frozen: 6 weeks
If Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 by Quantitative PCR result is greater than or equal to 3.0 log copies/mL, then HIV-1 Genotype by Sequencing will be added. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020297||HIV-1 Qnt by PCR (log copy/mL)|
|0051817||HIV-1 Qnt by PCR Interp|
|2002646||HIV-1 Qnt by PCR (copy/mL)|
- HIV genotyping for drug sensitivity testing
- HIV-1 reflex to genotyping
- HIV-1 Treatment decision
- HIV-1 viral load
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
- Viral load monitoring