Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 RNA Quantitative bDNA with Reflex to Genotype
Quantitative Branched Chain DNA/Sequencing
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or plasma preparation tube. Multiple tubes may be required.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells within 4 hours. Transfer two 3 mL aliquots of plasma to individual ARUP Standard Transport Tubes. (Min: 3 mL)
PPT: Separate plasma from cells within 2 hours. Transport total of 6 mL plasma in original containers. (Min: 3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Heparinized specimens.
- PPT: On Cells: Ambient: 2 hours; After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen at -20°C: 72 hours; Frozen at -70°C: 4 months
All others: On Cells: Ambient: 4 hours; After separation from cells: Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen at -20°C: 72 hours; Frozen at -70°C: 4 months
Refer to individual components.
If HIV-1 RNA Quantitative bDNA is greater than or equal to 3.0 log copies/mL, then HIV-1 Genotype will be added. Additional charges apply.
87536; if reflexed, add 87901
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020464||HIV-1 RNA Quant bDNA, Log|
|0051816||HIV-1 RNA Quant bDNA Interpretation|
|2002687||HIV-1 RNA Quant bDNA, Copy|