Quantitative Branched Chain DNA/Sequencing
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or plasma preparation tube. Multiple tubes may be required.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells within 4 hours. Transfer two 3 mL aliquots of plasma to individual ARUP Standard Transport Tubes. (Min: 3 mL)
PPT: Separate plasma from cells within 2 hours. Transport total of 6 mL plasma in original containers. (Min: 3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Heparinized specimens.
- PPT: On Cells: Ambient: 2 hours; After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen at -20°C: 72 hours; Frozen at -70°C: 4 months
All others: On Cells: Ambient: 4 hours; After separation from cells: Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen at -20°C: 72 hours; Frozen at -70°C: 4 months
|0020466||Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 RNA Quantitative bDNA
|0055670||Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1, Genotype by Sequencing
Refer to individual components.
If HIV-1 RNA Quantitative bDNA is greater than or equal to 3.0 log copies/mL, then HIV-1 Genotype will be added. Additional charges apply.
87536; if reflexed, add 87901
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020464||HIV-1 RNA Quant bDNA, Log|
|0051816||HIV-1 RNA Quant bDNA Interpretation|
|2002687||HIV-1 RNA Quant bDNA, Copy|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HIV quantitative
- HIV viral load
- HIV-1 bDNA reflex to genotype
- HIV-1 RNA Quant bDNA
- HIV1 Confirmation
- HIV1 RNA bDNA Genotyping reflex
- HIV1 Treatment Decision
- Signal Amplification
- Viral load monitoring