Preferred reflex test to confirm active hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection following positive HCV screen. Reflex to genotype aids in determining therapy of choice, likelihood of response, and probable therapeutic duration. Order only after positive HCV screen.
Quantitative Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction/Sequencing
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), plasma preparation tube (PPT), or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells within 6 hours. Transfer 3.5 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1.8 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- On Cells: Ambient: 6 hours; After separation from cells: Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 6 weeks
|0098268||Hepatitis C Virus RNA Quantitative, Real-Time PCR
|0055593||Hepatitis C Virus Genotype by Sequencing
Refer to individual components.
The limit of quantification for the HCV Quantitative RNA assay is 1.6 log IU/mL (43 IU/mL). If the assay DID NOT DETECT the virus, the test result will be reported as "<1.6 log IU/mL (<43 IU/mL)." If the assay DETECTED the presence of the virus but was not able to accurately quantify the number of copies the test result will be reported as "Not Quantified."
If Hepatitis C Virus RNA Quantitative Real-Time PCR result is greater than or equal to 2.8 log IU/mL, then Hepatitis C Virus Genotyping by PCR & Sequencing will be added. Additional charges apply.
87522; if reflexed, add 87902
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051819||HCV RNA Qnt Real-Time PCR Interp|
|0099030||HCV RNA Qnt Real-Time PCR|
|2002324||HCV RNA Qnt Real-Time PCR|
|2005764||EER Hepatitis C RNA Qnt w/Genotype Reflx|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- HCV confirmation
- HCV genotype
- HCV quantitative
- HCV treatment decision
- Hepatitis C Viral Load, Genotype reflex
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
- Viral load monitoring