Preferred reflex test to confirm active hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection following HCV high-positive screen. Reflex to genotype aids in determining therapy of choice, likelihood of response, and probable therapeutic duration. Order only after positive HCV screen.
Quantitative Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction/Sequencing
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), plasma preparation tube (PPT), or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells within 6 hours. Transfer 3.5 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1.8 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- On Cells: Ambient: 6 hours; After separation from cells: Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 6 weeks
|0098268||Hepatitis C Virus RNA Quantitative, Real-Time PCR
|0055593||Hepatitis C Virus Genotype by Sequencing
Refer to individual components.
The limit of quantification for the HCV Quantitative RNA assay is 1.6 log IU/mL (43 IU/mL). If the assay DID NOT DETECT the virus, the test result will be reported as "<1.6 log IU/mL (<43 IU/mL)." If the assay DETECTED the presence of the virus but was not able to accurately quantify the number of copies the test result will be reported as "Not Quantified."
If Hepatitis C Virus RNA Quantitative Real-Time PCR result is greater than or equal to 2.8 log IU/mL, then Hepatitis C Virus Genotyping by PCR & Sequencing will be added. Additional charges apply.
87522; if reflexed, add 87902
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051819||HCV RNA Qnt Real-Time PCR Interp|
|0099030||HCV RNA Qnt Real-Time PCR|
|2002324||HCV RNA Qnt Real-Time PCR|
|2005764||EER Hepatitis C RNA Qnt w/Genotype Reflx|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HCV confirmation
- HCV genotype
- HCV quantitative
- HCV treatment decision
- Hepatitis C Viral Load, Genotype reflex
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
- Viral load monitoring