Preferred reflex test to confirm active hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection following positive HCV screen. Reflex to genotype aids in prognosis and treatment selection. Order only after positive HCV screen.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), plasma preparation tube (PPT), or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells within 6 hours. Transfer 3 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- On Cells: Ambient: 6 hours; After separation from cells: Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 6 weeks
If Hepatitis C Virus by Quantitative PCR result is greater than or equal to 3.6 log IU/mL, then Hepatitis C Virus Genotype by Sequencing will be added. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051819||HCV Qnt by PCR Interp||11259-9|
|0099030||HCV Qnt by PCR (log IU/mL)||38180-6|
|2002324||HCV Qnt by PCR (IU/mL)||11011-4|
|2005764||EER HCV Qnt PCR w/ Reflex to Genotype||11526-1|
- HCV confirmation
- HCV genotype
- HCV quantitative
- HCV treatment decision
- Hepatitis C Viral Load, Genotype reflex
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
- Viral load monitoring