- Patient Preparation
- Fasting specimen preferred.
- Whole blood drawn in a pre-warmed (37°C) syringe. Specimen may be drawn directly into a pre-warmed plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Maintain whole blood at 37°C until clotting is complete; do not refrigerate or freeze at any time. Immediately after blood has been obtained, transfer specimen to a pre-warmed plain red (if not used for collection). Separate serum from cells using a 37°C centrifuge, if possible. Transfer 3 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Serum separator tubes. Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Proper collection and transport of specimen is critical to the outcome of the test. Quantities less than 3 mL may affect the sensitivity of the test.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|