• Diagnostic test designed to identify genomic abnormalities (eg, aneuploidy and microdeletions).
• Performed on direct or cultured amniotic fluid and chorionic villus sampling (CVS) specimens.
- Patient Preparation
- Fetal Specimen: Amniotic fluid OR chorionic villi in cytogenetic tissue media (ARUP Supply #32788). If cytogenetic tissue media is not available, collect in plain RPMI, Hanks solution, saline, or ringers.
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze specimen or expose to extreme temperatures. Do not place in formalin.
Transport 15-30 mL amniotic fluid in a sterile container OR 5-20 mg CVS in a sterile, screw-top container filled with tissue culture transport medium.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature (all specimens).
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen or fixed specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Acceptable but not ideal; Frozen: Unacceptable
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled, at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth. The fee will vary based on specimen type.
Turnaround times may be delayed if specimens are suboptimal or culturing is required prior to testing.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050548||Maternal Contamination Study Fetal Spec||31208-2|
|2002367||EER Cytogenomic SNP Microarray - Fetal||11526-1|
|2002368||Cytogenomic SNP Microarray - Fetal||62356-1|
- Array CGH
- Comparative Genomic Hybridization
- Microarray Genomic, Fetal
- Oligo Array